Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Of everything I have lost, I miss my mind the most.

There are a lot of things to do in FFXI, and there are a lot of things you can do on the internet when you alt+tab out of the game. I am quite often occupied for almost every moment that I am in the game, so if I don't focus on getting something done, it gets left behind. Most of the stuff that gets left behind is for a reason. The relative level of importance is low, my time is consumed by something else, the time-reward ratio is poor or I am just lazy. Any of those reasons can quickly lead to forgetting about some important pieces of gear, either situational or even a slight upgrade.

It's not like I don't have better things to do. I need about a million merits on several different jobs. Still, there are still many different upgrades for a bunch of jobs I could just get off of the AH. The problem is getting these items to come to mind when I have an opportunity to get them. There is a certain opportunity cost involved with doing things I have missed in the past because I could be working on a new Magian weapon or I could be working on the Wings missions and quests. There are always good excuses. And sometimes the gear that I have skipped over comes from something that is annoying or tedious and I am just putting it off instead of just sucking it up and getting it done.

Check below the break for the top 3 items I have passed over, and should be mocked for not having yet.

Item(s) #3 - AF +1
I am missing so much AF +1 that it is just a joke at this point. Most of the time, this is because I haven't been able to win a lot on something important or for BLM it just doesn't drop that much. I am in need of parts for RNG AF+1 hands and for BLM AF+1 hands and head. As with most things on this list, these aren't game breaking pieces for sure, but they are also good to have and they are things that I should have by now. Maybe if the Limbus gods smile upon me, I might be able to get some of this done soon.

Item #2 - BLM AF2
I do have my BLM AF2 coat, and it serves me well. I use it in my standing gear and I don't have to use a Black Cloak or something more expensive. I still need pretty much the rest of the BLM AF2 gear. Hat, hands and legs I believe are all good for BLM for some reason or other. I would like the hat the most because even with my half done BLM merits, I am still weak on Elemental Skill for a lot of mobs.

Item #1 - You guessed it, Temple Crown
Yeah, there are a lot of MNKs out there that might think I am gimp for not having this yet. It's just an AF quest, and I am not even talking about the AF+1 version (even though I have both of the pieces to get the +1 version made ._.). I have decided that I am going to get it soon. At least when I remember to get it. :)

No comments: