Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Morning in Vana'diel: Mid-update blues.

Morning in Vana'diel is your daily dose of FFXI and all things Vana'diel. Give us your thoughts on the interesting topics of the day! This morning we talk about waiting for the next update.

It's been a while since the last update, but it is still going to be a month or two before the next update. I usually find myself waiting and wanting new update notes on the POL website about now. Even bad update notes are better than no update notes for me. It wouldn't be so bad if there was something new still available from the last update, but that wasn't really the case this time because there wasn't a whole lot introduced besides ANNM, and there wasn't even that much new gear added to drool over because of the Augment System which basically hides the potential stats of any gear because it just adds it to recycled gear.

I don't know about you, but I am really looking forward to the new zones in Wings. Besides the fact that it would be really nice to have new challenging zones for any level 75 character, SE has already mentioned that the Northlands are going to have something new in them as a challenge too. Maybe a new event? What about Castle Zvahl? And that is even before we get to the Walk of Echoes. Yum!

What are you waiting for? What are you looking forward to? Leave a comment and tell us what you want from the next update!

1 comment:

Evilpaul said...

I'd really like them to add something I can actually get people to do this update.

2/3rds of the Campaign zones are BST controlled this week because nobody even does Campaign anymore. ANNMs weren't particularly amazing.

The expansion basically sucked.

Short of giving SMN a job ability called "Death" on a 30 second recast timer that works on any mob regardless of level that job will be LOL regardless of what 5 year old bugs they get around to fixing.

I don't play RDM or WHM so I don't really care about their updates.

I expect that they'll add Icelands finally and make the place such a deathtrap that Ule. Range is a joy to traverse by comparison. (Or it'll end up actually being full of colibri.)

I suspect that there will be more SCNMs in the Icelands areas similar to what we have now. Hopefully, they'll put abjurations and maybe King-only items in as rewards. But probably not.

I'm eager to see if they actually release the Campaign body pieces. Something like Counter+5 on the Cobra one would be pretty awesome, but it'll end up with Acc+4 and Store TP+3 or some garbage.

I'm still stuck at the Bastok [S] mission Fire in the Hole because there's only 5 people on Hades with Bastok [S] and because they made the mission retarded.

I'm kind of amazed people are peeing themselves over Rapture when we still know nothing about it and SE doesn't seem to me to be doing that great a job running FFXI. What I really need is another poorly run timesink in my life.

Meh, I'm kind of burnt out on the game now anyway. Just about everything I'd like to do will require me to stand around Whitegate /shouting like a retard for 3 hours and probably not even get it done then.