Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Don't Break the Shadowbind!: Oh yes, I have a deadline!

Don't Break the Shadowbind! is our new Wednesday column brought to you by Omoikitte. Endgame isn't just killing mobs and splitting up the drops, that is the easy part. Omoikitte will provide her insight on how to do the hard part: the administration and planning of events, deciding on how to divvy up the drops, and how to deal with that one whiny LS member that just won't shut up about their abjuration. This week she introduces herself and provides a little bit of information about her background.

LOL, aside from being one of the busiest weeks of my life in quite some time, I am pretty much hitting the floor running on this particular project.

I have to say this is quite an exciting and invigorating project for me, Ringthree has been running his blog for a long while and is well established as a commentator in the FFXI arena, this diversification of direction is a privilege to be part of.

I am going to be fairly brief in this initial introduction, a warm up and casual meet-and-greet before getting down to the business of talking end-game. And what a business it is to talk about, hopefully over the next few months and beyond I will be delving into the murky world of end-game, what it entails, the trials and tribulations as well as the highs that come with success.

I’m going to be looking into the myriad aspects of what it means to run and maintain a linkshell in the end-game scene, from people management and recruitment to points systems and effective strategies built for your linkshell. I hope to be talking to some of the other leaders of linkshells and bringing in their insight and opinions for a fairly comprehensive exploration of the intimidating field of what to do once you get to level 75.

So who am I and what makes me think that I could even handle this? Allow me to elaborate ^.^ My in-game handle is Omoikitte and I reside on Odin Server, I joined FFXI the first week it was released in North America, even though I come from Britain and created my first linkshell 2 weeks later. It is still going today.

I sort of fell into the End-game situation accidentally and I may touch upon it a little later in a different post, however once I got my feet wet I found I rather enjoyed being part of the end-game scene and have dabbled in it ever since, running my own end-game linkshell on Odin for the past 5 years now dealing with pretty much anything this game could throw at me from schisms in the linkshell to the devastating plague that is RMT.

I hope to be drawing on this background as well as the influences of others to not only present an insight into end-game but also as a useful learning process for myself as well to enhance the experiences I have playing Final Fantasy XI. Hopefully you enjoy the journey as well.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Omoi I know you will bring great insight to those looking to establish a LS of their own.

I can't think of anyone else more qualified to elaborate on the myriad of issues that come along with running end game events and a LS.

Having taken a step back and given a chance to reflect on my time in FFXI, never was it more fun than when I was in Versus and CiB.

BG <3

Dockrpto said...

BG could not have said it any better. Throughout all my experiences in FFXI and other games, I have not come across a more dedicated and insightful leader. Omoikitte has served as an example for my friends and I through many years. To this day I still talk about that crazy British woman that ran the best group of gamers I've ever been a part of. Oops, did I just blow Omoikitte's cover lol. Well I look forward to following this blog and hope that many gain insight from Omoi.