Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Situation normal: no fucking drops.

Salvage was pretty much perfect last night, we quickly adapted to the drops that we got. In fact, we had pretty bad drops on the first floor, and we didn't even get our second tank a magic cell in the whole run. But, we dealt with it well. We did 2nd QQA, 4th QQTH, Psycheflayer, 5th QQA and Archaic Chariot. Of course nothing at all dropped, and the worst part was that Sholo, who came on THF, DC'ed at the end of the 4th floor and never came back, so we didn't have any TH at all for the QQA or the Archaic Chariot. The Archaic Chariot with Hundred Fists, Barbarian's Drink and Fanatics Drink is an absolute joke, we destroyed it in about 2 minutes. I was hitting for 90-100 per punch without STR unlocked, my Fanatics Drink never even wore off. We definitely had an improvement over our last two runs, and this may have been the best Arrapago run that we have had. The great thing is that we could have improved it even further. Some of the adjustments that we have made so far include accepting that people aren't going to get weapons or magic and just dealing with it. This means that on the first floor we only get the tanks and two or three DD's there weapons, and get the mages there magic, then move on. If we get tanks their magic that is nice but not necessary, on the second, third and fourth floor there are more opportunities to get magic or we just suck it up. This is a definitive change from just farming two wings and then moving up, and it let us move up much more quickly than we ever have before. We had so much time that we were able to move up to the 6th floor and almost clear it before we timed out. I am going to spend this time differently the next time, much to the happiness of our mages I think. If we adjust our cell distribution slightly and give the second subjob and abilities to a RDM/BLM we can ES Gravity the QQTH on the third floor for another shot at a Macha's Coat. This will of course depend on cell drops and the alliance composition, but I think its a good goal. I have a plan on how to do this quick and efficiently so we will give it a try on the next Arrapago full run.

Salvage was nice, but Sky was a little frustrating. There were several people that I think thought it would be OK to skip it because Omoi was out of town. :/ Outside of that, it was a decent day. We got a Despot and got some decent gear that people wanted it. Hopefully Thursday will have a normal turnout because if we get another Despot we will be doing a couple of Byakko's, I think.

As for Dancer, I have a Dance! Drain Samba in fact, and the effect is exactly as I described yesterday, so higher evasion mobs are a bit annoying, but the effect does seem to vary based upon damage done and some variation between the mob and the dancer. On weaker mobs I found that I was getting a larger percent of the damage done returned, while harder mobs would return less. And yes, this was on hits that were of the same damage, so its definitely not just a straight amount returned to the player that hits the mob. I have heard that the HP from the mob is not really drained because it does not take HP from the mob but more just increases the players HP. I will have to test it out to confirm this one way or the other. I will probably spend quite a while leveling Dancer today, hopefully getting into the teens relatively quickly. I don't get my next dance until 15 but it is essentially a Cure II that only costs 20TP. Apparently, you can solo T mobs exceedingly well once you have this ability. Last night, Pb and I duoed for a whole on Scholar and Dancer and it was a blast, especially once I got Drain Samba. Sadly, I am going to XP tonight and he is going to Dynamis. (I am going to start going to Dynamis again relatively soon because my time is starting to free up, but with meetings after work on every Wednesday and being out of town most Sundays its hard to be able to go. Omoi is also out of town right now, so I can't even be late for LS events on Sunday because she is not there to run them.) Hopefully, my loverboy Izman will be back from out of town tonight and we can level some. SAM will definitely help to speed things up, but until I get Curing Waltz we will still need to rest alot. Should be relatively quick I hope.

Again, you are without pictures, that could be good or bad for me, because one of them was of me in full Bronze gear including the beret and subligar dancing my heart out. o.o; Not a pretty picture and Pb found it very entertaining. Well, maybe a few level up pictures for you tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boy... I sure am glad I am out of town to miss Ring dancing around in bronze subligar, here is hoping he levels out of it before I get back.

They don't need Mordion Gaol, they just need to glue bronze subligar to you for 4 hours. That is punishment enough.