Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Your generic Kirin thread.

Versus did Kirin last night, this is the first time that I got to take pictures of it. Now everyone has their neat Kirin pictures, and its not like Kirin is a special event or something, but you will suffer through more pictures. Whether you like it or not!

Me kicking Kirin's ass:

Fire breathing manticore:

Obligatory stare down picture:

Kirin dropped D. Body, Shining Cloth and a Pole. Ok drops, but it would have been nice to see an Osode or a N. Body.

After Kirin, Omoi had to deal with the normal post-Kirin complaints and gripes, and we had a bit of miscommunication, so I had started searching on Sam, instead of getting War ready. When we had figured it out, I had already gotten a party on Sam so I took it... I should have just gone to bed. orz

The party was Mnk, Mnk, Nin, Sam, Blm, Rdm. Yeah... We went to fight Imps, they were great xp, but the Rdm couldn't silence them and we got -ga'ed like crazy (although it took some instruction to get the Rdm to even try to silence, or pretty much do anything besides cast stoneskin). Also, I thought that amensia was causing major problems, because the ninja never seemed to voke, but it appeared that it wasn't that amensia that was causing the lack of vokes but rather that the ninja didn't want to tank at all. Shockingly the ninja "dc'ed" shortly after arriving. I believe that this was the same ninja that "dc'ed" in my party on Sunday. At least the leader at this point decided to pick up a paladin and move to Bibiki bay. We got there and fought gobs and dhalmels for a while until the paladin had to go. Pretty much a big waste of time, less than 10k total for the party.

I did get this quite evil Tachi: Gekko:

I have been looking over my Sam gear and trying to figure out what to do when I get to level 75. (I just noticed in these pics that I left my Empress Band on ^.^)
TP set-up:

Weapon: Kazaridachi
Ranged: Lightning Bow (Signed by Glacian)
Head: Optical Hat
Neck: Chivalrous Chain
Earring: Spike Earring/Coral Earring
Body: Haubergeon
Hands: Ochiudo's Kote
Rings: Sniper's Ring/Rajas Ring
Back: Amemet Mantle
Waist: Life Belt
Legs: Royal Knight's Breeches
Feet: Windurstian Kyahan

Now, some of this gear is kinda gimp, but I can't find a better replacement, like for the legs or feet. I could upgrade the feet to Hachiman Sune-ate or Tiger Ledelsens (LOL) but what would be the point when I get Saotome Sune-ate in 20k exp. I definitely need to get an Amemet Mantle +1 too.

Here is my WS set-up:

Weapon: Kazaridachi
Ranged: Lightning Bow (Signed by Glacian)
Head: Sipahi Turban
Neck: Chivalrous Chain
Earring: Spike Earring/Coral Earring
Body: Hachiman Domaru
Hands: Hachiman Kote
Rings: Sun Ring/Rajas Ring
Back: Amemet Mantle
Waist: Life Belt
Legs: Myochin Haidate
Feet: Rutter Sabatons

Now I am much more satisfied with my WS gear than I am with my TP gear, and at 71 I will be much happier over all.

Now, for my presumed level 75 gear (gear that I have/easily attainable is listed, other gear is listed in parenthesis)

TP Build:
Weapon: Ushikirimaru
Ranged: Lightning Bow (Signed by Glacian)
Head: Optical Hat (Shura Kabuto)
Neck: Chivalrous Chain
Earring: Spike Earring/Coral Earring
Body: Haubergeon
Hands: Ochiudo's Kote
Rings: Sniper's Ring/Rajas Ring
Back: Amemet Mantle
Waist: Life Belt (thinking about a Sword Belt +1 also)
Legs: Royal Knight's Breeches (Shura Haidate or Byakko Haidate)
Feet: Saotome Sune-ate (eventually Amir Boots)

WS Build:
Weapon: Ushikirimaru
Ranged: Lightning Bow (Signed by Glacian)
Head: Wyvern Helm
Neck: Chivalrous Chain (Sea Gorgets, I REALLY need to get working on these)
Earring: Spike Earring/Coral Earring (Going for Fowling Earring/Brutal Earring)
Body: Hachiman Domaru
Hands: Hachiman Kote (Myochin Kote +1)
Rings: Ruby Ring/Rajas Ring (Biblo is letting me borrow his Flame Ring for a while)
Back: Amemet Mantle
Waist: Warwolf Belt
Legs: Myochin Haidate (Shura Haidate or Myochin Haidate +1)
Feet: Rutter Sabatons

Looking over this, I am actually pretty satisfied with my gear. My earring slots just suck, and I need to get my Brutal Earring. My legs suck, but I dont know of a quick or easy solution to this. Options include Galliard Trouser, Hydra Cuisses and Dusk Trousers and Pahluwan Seraweels, none of which is that easy to come by.

I am going to do this for my Ninja and Dragoon, too. But I am must more on top of what I need for those two jobs.

I know I had more to say today, but I will post later if I remember it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

INSERT