Sunday, November 08, 2009

While In Whitegate: Dragon Age: Origins



If you are an RPG fan there are some names that stand out in the industry. Regardless of whether you like their style of games or not, it doesn't change the fact that you should know about them. One such company is Bioware.

In terms of having their fingers in some of the most influential rpgs of our time, Bioware have not only had their hand in the cookie jar but most of their face and arms as well. Building on the rich gaming history of Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights, they bring this their latest offering to the table and WHAT an offering.

I love these games, I am a complete sucker for them. I played Baldur's Gate way back in the day when I had no clue at all what I was doing and created a Wizard with 10 INT and 10 Constitution. He would fall over dead at a stiff breeze and had around a 15% chance to learn spells but I still loved it! And that was pretty much it, I have picked up every one since with the exception of Jade Empire. This game is WAY up there on my "DO WANT" list, right next to the lightsaber chopsticks.

This game is Dragon Age: Origins.

I went and downloaded the Character Creator and had a play with it. The level of detail and customisation is just insane. Just from that you could get a feel that this game is going to look crisp and smooth.

It was only released a few days ago, so I have yet to go pick it up. I will be buying it for the PC not the Xbox or the Ps3 although it is available on all platforms. For the most immersive play you have to go with the PC version. That is the meaty, all-singing, all-dancing grown up version of the game, although the console options are scoring only slightly under the pc version in terms of ratings with the PS3 coming out slightly more ahead of the Xbox.



As of yet, I have not heard anything bad about this game, the critics are praising the story, the combat, the graphics, the score. Infact if what they say is to be believed: they want to go right ahead and have Bioware's children, this game is that sexy.

I am totally hooked, I want to play this sooo much, even enough to install it on my precious PC and have it vie with FFXI for my attention. ALthough, lol my pc is a bit decrepit now so I am not 100% I can run it. Here's hoping, or I am going to end up with a very nice box waiting for the day I can afford a pc again to play it on.

*drooooooool*

No comments: