Monday, August 03, 2009

Morning in Vana'diel: Pizza Is Bad for the Soul.

Morning in Vana'diel is your daily dose of FFXI and all things Vana'diel. Give us your thoughts on the interesting topics of the day! Is Pizza really all that it is cracked up to be? Is it just one more "must use" item? Does it take the fun out of figuring out what the best food really is?

Marinara Pizza +1 was my Godsend, it was so good that I did a "You are not your..." column about it. It still is really good, and for most places it is fantastic. Some might say that it is not that great because it doesn't have any additional STR on it like almost all Attack food, and even Sole Sushi has additional STR. But the amount of additional Attack it gives is still very good compared to the additional amount of accuracy. But this is all a technical discussion that I have already covered before.

Even though I think Marinara Pizza is a Godsend, it is also a curse in disguise. It takes the fun out of figuring out what kind of food I should use for different fights. Now, I just use Marinara Pizza for just about everything, because you are never quite capped on Accuracy on anything more difficult than Greater Colibri, and I have already gone over what I think about people that gear for Greater Colibri. The bonus accuracy more than makes up for the lost attack from true attack food in most cases.

When I am leveling I use Marinara Pizza, when I am in Dynamis I use Marinara Pizza, when I am in Einherjar I use Marinara Pizza, when I do events I use Marinara Pizza. When I am on RNG I use Pot-au-feu which is the RNG equivalent to Marinara Pizza. I used to carry around Coeurl Subs, Sole Sushi, Dorado Sushi, Carbonara and Mithakobs. I used to be semi-creative and use different foods for different events because I had different needs. And now I just have a stack of Pot-au-feu and about 10 wasted slots on Marinara Pizzas.

I need do get some of those Sbarro individual pizza containers or something. Someone needs to try out synthing two pizzas with a wind crystal... seriously, I need my Mog Satchel space back!

2 comments:

Samuraisoldier said...

full usukane and still a need for accuracy foods? maybe on rng but ive seen your sam/mnk/nin(tank) i dunno if you need the acc on those jobs anymore sir. and as for rng, i dunno whats needed on RNG for RACC issues...im sure there is a plethora (spellcheck) of RACC gear out there..

Ringthree said...

Like I always say, I don't gear myself for XP parties.