Thursday, July 02, 2009

Morning in Vana'diel: Moblins Gone Wild!

Morning in Vana'diel is your daily dose of FFXI and all things Vana'diel. Give us your thoughts on the interesting topics of the day! Stalkers and goblins, oh my!

I never got into the NPC/Fellow thing, but I know that a lot of people used to be into it. I remember back in the day when they came out and there was a huge line to get into BC to get your Fellow, or at least I remember seeing pictures of it because I was probably out XPing at the time. I did eventually get an NPC, but I never bring him out because I have no use for it. Now it seems that SE is bringing back the idea with the Goblins in MMM. I don't know how I feel about it because I never understood the notion of playing with an NPC in a game designed to be played with other, you know, PCs... but a lot of people have fun with them so it's definitely something SE might be interested in.

I also don't do MMM much at all, but I do know that it does have some popularity, especially because you can get some pretty good rewards especially that sword for BLU. In fact, some of the rewards are quite good and rather unique and I think that completely blowing off MMM like I have may not be the best idea. LOL I don't know how the new Goblin companion is going to work out for those that have been farming MMM. Are they going to want to give up farming MMM? I heard the drop rate on some of the items that people want can be pretty low. I just don't know how important another NPC companion is to the game at this time.

Are you going to have a MMM Goblin companion? Do you farm MMM for the unique gear from that event? Do you think it is worth it? Is it something that I should be doing? :) Leave a comment and tell us what you think!

1 comment:

Yoteo said...

I'll likely end up with a Goblin Companion. I want to do more MMM but it's sure hard to convince anyone else to do it, so anything that makes it easier to solo will be nice. I hope they add a bit more than just this to Mazes though.