Friday, July 10, 2009

Latent Effect: Get The Most Out Of Your Gear

Latent Effect is our newest column from Samuraisoldier, as he sets out an aim to challenge your preconceptions about what you can and can't do with your character and choices in gear in the world of Vana diel. Here he just introduces himself though, careful! he doesn't bite.

Hi all! If you don't already know me, I am Samuraisoldier of the Odin server, and I have the fortunate ability to play with some of FFXI's better players. I have posted comments under Samsol the Disturbed Cabbie on quite a few posts in the past, but now, I can talk about whatever I want. *Sinister Laugh*

First, I would like to thank Ringthree for giving me an opportunity to post on
his blog. I am currently in Omoikitte endgame linkshell Versus, of which Ring is also a leader and consider myself lucky to be a part of their LS and a part of this blog. Secondly, I would like to thank Omoikitte for putting up with my daily rants about nothing, and for taking her time to edit my post.

Onto the fun stuff!

What is this post going to be about? What the hell does he mean by Latent Effect?
In the upcoming weeks, I am going to discuss the result of the choices we make as players.

What the crap are you talking about Sam?

Well, a lot of players put on certain equipment, set up parties in certain ways, select jobs to level, select sub-jobs to have leveled, and they don't really know why they do these things, other than "They" told me so. Now, I'd like some of you to put on your I-can-do-whatever-the-hell-I-want helmets (if you don't have one, ask a friend where to buy one), start making conscious choices in game, and tell the proverbial

"They" screw you! Certain gear have effects that can be taken advantage of, certain sub-jobs can be more beneficial, and I hope at the end of these posts, the readers will see that there is more than just one way to get things done.

To conclude, I am hoping my posts will enable you to have a bit more fun with the
jobs you decide to level or have leveled, and hope to see a bit less clones out there.
Happy hunting!

No comments: