Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Morning in Vana'diel: Questing Missions and Missing Quests.

Morning in Vana'diel is your daily dose of FFXI and all things Vana'diel. Give us your thoughts on the interesting topics of the day! This morning we consider all those quests you need to get done before the next update.

Yesterday, SE announced that the next update is coming in late July, and from the first teaser picture that they included it's pretty obvious that more missions are on their way. The storyline appears to be moving to the Northlands, maybe even following Zeid and Volker or the Hydracorps as they prepare to assault Castle Zvahl and the Shadow Lord. Either way, we will be moving onto some cool new missions in the next update, and knowing SE the farther into the storyline of an expansion you go the better the cutscenes get.

This may sound great, but it isn't such a good thing for me because I am pretty far behind on my quests even if my missions are relatively caught up (I still need to do the Battle for Jeuno which I heard has some pretty cool cutscenes after the BC). I really should do the quests because the story for them is just as strong as it is for the main storyline of the expansion. I am lazy, though, and I need a lot of merits (got two more last night, woot), add to that the constant events and the general malaise of summertime, the required runabout to get the quests done for crappy places like Windurst just is a bit too much for me right now. What about for you? Do you love the quest and mission formula for the Wing's storyline? Do you think it's too much or too little? Are you the kind of person that hates missions and just spams Enter through them all? Or are you loving every minute of it? Leave a comment and tell us what you think!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As far as WotG go, I do like the way they set up the Quests with the Missions for a sided story line from all the three Nations. Currently you only need to have completed the Quests all the way in /one/ of the nations to be able to access the new missions when they update. Honestly thought, I and a few other of my friends seem like we're the only one actively completing ALL past quests to see more than just one side of the story. Although I can't see SE doing this I hope they implement something at the end that allows players who have played through all the story lines to receive something- but can't get my hopes up too long.

I haven't heard of anyone actually hating the story line yet. I think Windurst and Sandoria have a much more interesting story line for the most part but I won't lie, currently the last Bastok quest had me begging SE for a new update.

I'd say overall I would give WotG a hight 7-8ish on a 1-10 scale. (Just because I really don't appreciation having to keep up with your medal)

Personally I've whore'd myself out pretty much in WotG, all quests done, all missions, have over 300k in AN, highest rank, done all the CampainOps (mind the ones that have not been unlocked for the Caitsith server) fought and killed SW before AND After doomvoid was implemented and done more Ixions then could imagine, while doing a handful of ANNMs. I'd say I'm pretty pleased with it.