Monday, January 26, 2009

Now hiring.

Just wanted to make a quick advertisement for Versus today. Through some attrition, school, other activities, we find that we could use a bit of a replenishing of the Versus membership. So if you are looking for a good LS, that does everything but Kings then Versus is for you. We need smart and dedicated players more than anything else. Job selection is less of a requirement than the ability to be a consistent member and be able to listen and follow instructions. If you can do those two things, we can deal with whatever job or jobs you have access to. Lately, we have been getting a lot of applications, then those people just flake out or don't really want to do end-game. So if you want gear, and can play well with others then Versus is the place for you.

Send Omoikitte or I a tell in game if you are interested. :)

This post is now going to be the completion of two different posts that I didn't finish, so lets get those started.

Most of the people that I play with are about as smart about this game as I believe that I am.

Izman knows tanking, and is also a far better BLM than me. LOL

Omoi knows support, and is very good at holding people together without being a douche.

Kallo knows... how to punish people with the love of his TH.

Iceblazek knows how to be paranoid and love magic accuracy.

Ninjafox knows how to not pick a job that he wants to play for more than 5 minutes.

But in the end, Celestria knows how to do things very well, and very much better than most people that I know.

Lets take an example Celestria's comments about how to gear and pick AF+1 items.

Is that a bat signal or did somebody ask about BLM artifact armor?

Head: full morrigan > demon helm +1 > AF+1 > AF, it's very much worth the quest effort. Demon helm +1 has no -enmity so we generally don't use that on HNM, but it's a tiny damage boost when soloing.
Body: AF+1 > AF for enfeebling magic. If you don't get this piece and die because of sleep resists, you deserved it. :)
Hands: AF+1 > AF for HNM. You should wear AF hands for exp until 73ish and they make a huge difference in resists.
Legs: AF for dark magic. I upgraded these, but I'm a BLM freak.
Feet: They serve one purpose, and that is to let you store the set.

If you're getting BLM merits on BLM, upgrade skill+potency by what's cheapest at the time. I'd recomment you grab a few friends who need COR merits and mess up some birds with a melee party though. :)

--Cele


Now, it's not that she has some knowledge that no one else has access to or anything, but she does have the knowledge at the tips of her finger tips and she is very good at closing things down to just the information that is needed. If you have read this blog for more than 5 minutes you will notice this is a problem that I have as I can be a bit long winded.

But as for equipment information, I now have some guidance with what is important and where I should focus. The thing that sucks right now for me is the fact that I am always busy this time of year. So I can't level as much as I want to. I find time every now and then, but it's not as much as I would hope. So BLM may take until the Spring to complete.

I have a headache and I am heading home. I had hoped for more. :(

7 comments:

Kallo said...

<3 See, this is why I hang around you, Ring. You get me. =)

JESS said...

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e148/SINFULPLAYERX/?action=view&current=VERSUS3.gif

Anonymous said...

I pick jobs I like!!!!!

Anonymous said...

/blush, I know BLM like the back of my hand but I can't break 1k Guillotine. We're just good at different things. :)

--cele

Anonymous said...

Woot I'm better than Cele at something!!!

Kallo said...

Careful...she cuts feet off. =(

Tuufless said...

I feel left out. T_T