Monday, September 25, 2006

You think pictures are worth a thousand words? Then this post is gonna be really long.

Alright, I was away this weekend. I dont generally post on weekends, I dont have time and especially this weekend, because I was out of town. I am also sick, and I am on Dayquil and Nyquil 'round the clock, if this post is a little... off... then you will know why.

Lets just say that even though I was away this weekend, I still got a ton done between now and the last post. Thursday started with sky. We finally got an Ullikummi, even though we had to steal it from the gilsellers. Fought Byakko and got another set of Haidate (which went to Borin) but no Neptunal Hands, which I have been waiting on for over 9 months now >.< And I am going to get them before I get Byakko's Haidate, so every time they dont drop is another Byakko I have to wait to get a chance to lot on Haidate.

That being said, it was still a very good day in Sky. We did Byakko and the "Turtle that Fails," Genbu. Now, Genbu was generous with his equipment also, even though its not half as good as Byakko's equipment. Now, generally when it comes to equipment I do not lot on items that I dont immidiately need if anyone else wants the item. Now, if no one wants the item (even after it is free lotted) I will take anything I can get my hands on ^.^ I have a full set of God weapons, except for Genbu's Shield, even though I dont have any jobs that can use them. I have been waiting on a Genbu's Kabuto, because I do occasionally use my Ninja for tanking. I have been called to kite Kirin once and I have tanked Promathia also. I have been using a Arhat's Jinpachi, but I was finally able to get my hands on this because no one else wanted to lot on it:

At least I believe that I will have a much better use for the Kabuto than I have for Suzaku's Sune-ate, which are just pretty much inventory +1. If I am missing a use for the Sune-ate besides for Holy Bolts for rangers and tanking fire wyrms, then please tell me because I am very interested to find out how to make them more useful.

I should also mention that I had to pull MG on Thursday... as Dragoon. Now that was fun! I just needed to get it close enough to the room to get a voke from one of the tanks, and Fuzz was the only really puller available at the time (as Ranger) but we needed his damage and didn't want to risk him dying in the pull. We knew that the RMT and another LS were on the way, so we couldn't wait for another puller to show up. (The LS is usually split to do two different things at once and we were waiting on the others to come to MG). So when MG got close enough I just voked it, and ran like a little girl back to the room. I did get slaughtered but the pull worked and we had a nice clean opening for MG.

After Sky, Omoi logged over to Kira and we got a party together relatively quickly. We have been leveling with Rygar alot lately, and I have to say again that PUP is pretty neat, definitely not capable of massive damage, but they can hold their own and the external abilities of the puppet make it much more useful than people give it credit for.

After the party was full we headed to the Citadel. We had to fight bats for a while because the beetles took far too long to kill at first. After a short amount of time Kira reached level 46 and I got to level 47. I was able to use my Jaguar Mantle at 47 which replaced the pretty much worthless Nomad's Mantle, but I was really looking forward to hit level 48. 48 is Life Belt and Viking Axes, that is a whooping +25 Acc. Let me say that again. +25 ACC! Meat dishes, yes please. It was getting pretty late, and I had to get up at the crack of dawn to leave for my trip, but I was not going to give up. So I toughed it out until I finally saw this:

Here is my equipment for my WAR now:

Main: Viking Axe
Off: Viking Axe
Ranged: Power Crossbow
Ammo: Acid Bolts
Head: Walkure's Mask
Neck: Spike Necklace
Earring: Beetle Earring x2
Body: Brigandine
Hands: Royal Squire's Mufflers
Rings: Sniper's Ring/Rajas Ring
Back: Jaguar Mantle
Waist: Life Belt
Legs: Royal Squire's Breeches
Feet: Leaping Boots

I think I am pretty well set up, despite the lack of decent gear available to WAR at this level. I am definitely using Meat Mithkabobs now, as I am probably overaccurate even without Sushi. The next milestone for WAR is Rampage at level 55. These levels are quick but we are usually not able to level that early, so a level or two a night isn't bad. Hopefully we will get to level for a while tonight.

After this party, I went to bed and then left for the weekend. I was able to get onto the game while I was away (laptop FTW) but I wasn't able to do much. I mostly just leveled up my Great Axe in Rolanberry Fields. I got it from 50 to 77, and yes I know this makes me a gimpy, trendy WAR, but I haven't really ever made the claim that I was doing anything else. WAR is another job that I have to level, thats about it. I want to dual wield axes, because they are cool, and look uber. Yes, even I have my elitest moments :) But at least I am skilling up my Great Axe, so it looks like I am trying.

I got back pretty early on Sunday. So I headed up to Sky. On my way up, Ullikummi popped but we didn't get the claim. Apparently, during this time Fuzz got a random weird tell from someone in the LS that got claim, that could be easily construed as being rude, arrogant and just plain stupid. We weren't too worried about it, sometimes you just can't do anything about stupid people, but we have never had a problem with this person or this LS, so it was pretty weird because it was unprovoked. Ehh, some people and their ego's, what are you supposed to do? LOL

We did pretty well on gems on Sunday. No major money drops from Gods, I think we got one Damascene Cloth, even with three thieves and two with TH3. We did Seiryu first, and Kalgar and I were to lot on the Dryadic Head. Neither of us have the money to make the item right now (well, I do, but I dont want to bankrupt myself) so we both offered to have the other lot, and decided that we both should lot. I would have felt a little upset about taking it from him, but I know that he is currently saving for a Cursed Togi, so he wouldn't have the money for it for a while. So I ended up with this nice abjuration:

I am going to get this made as soon as I get paid from the huge amount of gil we made last week. It will be replacing my O Hat on my NIN WS macro, and it will be wearing it full time on my SAM.

We then headed over to Suzaku. Another smooth fight, and another connundrum. The Earthen Head dropped. It was free lot, because no one had the job to use it, or even want it. I asked around to see if anyone else at all wanted it, and I started to get yelled at again about not lotting on it. So I lotted, then Azeryus said that she could use it for her war >.< I was going to ask her to lot and I was going to pass when, for like the first time ever, everyone passed in a timely fashion, and the item got sent to me. I didn't feel too bad because Azeryus didn't really want them anyway. So I ended up with:

I have really had a nice little turn around on getting gear from Sky. I have gotten almost all of my God gear within a week, I have gotten several abjurations I have been hoping to get for a while. I think it might have something to do with karma. For the longest time, I was just holding onto my Neptunal Abjuration for the cursed leggings, but lately I have been saving for them to finally get them made. I decided to finally them made after sky on Sunday, so I headed over to the AH to pick up a pair. They were WAY cheaper than they were the week before. Down to 1.1 million, which was really sweet for me. They cost half of what I expected. I then headed to San d'Oria to get them uncursed.

Headed into the cathedral and up to everyone's friend, Alphollon C Meriard.
Traded him my cursed gear and the abjuration.
Did a little magery. (Look at the raised hand! I can TOTALLY cast spells!)
And nice little Alphollon C Meriard told me all this about my new Hecatomb Leggings.
And here are my new WS leggings:

The pictures tell a nice little story of a man, his cursed leggings and the abjuration that has been sitting in his MH for over 6 months.

After evaluating my gear from last week, I have found that I am was sorely lacking in a couple of different slots. Areas that I could easily fix if I just put my mind to it. One of these areas is the Brutal Earring, and I am thinking about asking Skur if I can tag along on some of his runs so that I can pick up some coinage. Another area that I am lacking in is the Element Gorgets from the "In the Name of Science" quest. Most of the time that I mention going to farm for the organs, people usually have something going on. But last night I was able to round up a bunch of people to start farming for the hardest organs to get, the Yovra.
The first one we took down with no problems at all really. Two tanks and two whms made it really easy. I won the lot on the first Yovra organ. This was one of the easier/lower level Yovra's closer to the entrace to the Capital. We then moved onto one of the harder ones, it was only tougher because its regen was crazy. Like 1% per tick crazy. A skillchain though, took it down like 20%, but it managed to get off a boosted hit for 900+ damage when I had shadows down (it didn't help that it was hard to concentrate because I was guzzling Nyquil) then one of its short-range AoE's. I went down then Borin went down soon there after. We could have done it with the same group if I was on my game. So after we recovered Borin needed to leave, so we needed to go back to fighting the lower-level Yovra's because they didn't require two tanks like the higher-level ones usually do.

Before we did that though we headed to one of the towers (the east one) to try to get some more Aern organs for everyone. We fought about 6 and only got one organ so we figured this wasn't the good area for the drops on Aern's.It appears that the mobs each have an area where they drop their organs with a better chance. Like the high-level Yovra's have a 100% drop rate, while the lower-level ones have about a 50% chance. The goldfish and sharks around the east and west towers seem to have a much higher drop rate, while the Aern's obviously do not. The BST Xzomit's near the entrance will drop an organ everytime, but its pets wont.

The party at this point was Vesp as WMM (even though we insisted that he come as Monk >.<), Tama as RDM, Omoi as WHM, Glacian as SAM, Eji as BLM and I came as NIN. This was easily more than enough to take a lower-level Yovra, and Solidsnake even showed up at the end of the second low-level Yovra and his TH helped out a ton.

Glacian and I lining up for a skillchain:

Here comes Solidsnake to save the day!

These things have amazing regen, these pictures were taken with some time in between and you can see that its HP barely moves at all.

So thankfully Solidsnake showed up with his TH, because we managed to get this from the Yovra which Vespasian won the lot for:

What I wont show you in pictures is that pretty soon after Solidsnake showed up, I died ^.^; He has to step in and tank while I recovered. I was having a bit of trouble keep shadows up because once I got interrupted I wouldn't just wait for the next hit and get shadows up after that, no I just kept mashing my Ni macro and got interrupted over and over until I died. This wasn't very effective. LOL But Solidsnake tanked like a champ while I was down, and after I was unweakened, we were able to take it down pretty quick.

Solidsnake is one of Glacian's JP friends, and he needed some organs too, and since Glacian had to go, Solidsnake just replaced him. Solidsnake already had his Yovra organ and Vesp and I already had ours so we headed back over to the entrance to get some of the Xzomit's for Vesp's Kiran Obi. Vesp and Solidsnake were doing Sharkbite to Hexastrike for some pretty impressive Light damage. Solidsnake was actually confused for a minute because he didn't get at first that Vesp was a WHM because Vesp's WHM DD gear is so good that it looks like he is a DD.

We got all of Vesp's Xzomit organs, and farmed some Sharks and Goldfish for Solidsnake. We only managed to get one Goldfish organ for Solidsnake though because we were in the wrong area to try to get them to drop. I think we will be heading back to do this again soon.

This has been a really long post so far, but I do have a few more things to talk about, my DRG and NIN gear. And here they are:

Dragoon first, TP build:

Main: Mezraq
Ammo: Tiphia Sting
Head: Optical Hat
Neck: Chivalrous Chain
Earring: Assault Earring/Coral Earring
Body: Assault Jerkin
Hands: Wyrm Finger Gauntlets
Rings: Sniper's Ring/Rajas Ring
Back: Amemet Mantle
Waist: Life Belt
Legs: Barone Cosciales
Feet: Barone Gambieras

And my brand new WS gear:

Main: Mezraq
Ammo: Tiphia Sting
Head: Wyvern Helm
Neck: Chivalrous Chain
Earring: Assault Earring/Coral Earring
Body: Hecatomb Harness
Hands: Barone Manopolas
Rings: Ruby Ring/Rajas Ring
Back: Amemet Mantle
Waist: Warwolf Belt
Legs: Barone Cosciales
Feet: Hecatomb Leggings

Ninja has several different set ups.
Evasion:

Main: Senjuinrikio
Off: Fudo
Head: Optical Hat
Neck: Evasion Torque
Earring: Eris' Earring/Dodge Earring
Body: Scorpion Harness
Hands: Seiryu's Kote
Rings: Sniper's Ring/Rajas Ring
Back: Bat Cape
Waist: Life Belt
Legs: Koga Hakama
Feet: Fuma Sune-ate

Heavy Tanking:

Main: Earth Staff
Head: Genbu's Kabuto
Neck: Evasion Torque
Earring: Eris' Earring/Dodge Earring
Body: Arhat's Gi
Hands: Seiryu's Kote
Rings: Mermaid's Ring/Rajas Ring
Back: High Breath Mantle
Waist: Warwolf Belt
Legs: Yasha Hakama
Feet: Fuma Sune-ate

XP party/BURNZOR!:

Main: Senjuinrikio
Off: Fudo
Head: Walahra Turban
Neck: Chivalrous Chain
Earring: Spike Earring/Coral Earring
Body: Haubergeon
Hands: Ochuido's Kote (Day)/Koga Tekko (Night)
Rings: Sniper's Ring/Rajas Ring
Back: Amemet Cape
Waist: Life Belt
Legs: Koga Hakama
Feet: Fuma Sune-ate

WS gear:

Main: Senjuinrikio
Off: Fudo
Head: Optical Hat
Neck: Chivalrous Chain
Earring: Spike Earring/Coral Earring
Body: Haubergeon
Hands: Ochuido's Kote (Day)/Koga Tekko (Night)
Rings: Ruby Ring/Rajas Ring
Back: Amemet Cape
Waist: Warwolf Belt
Legs: Royal Squire's Breeches
Feet: Rutter Sabatons

And those are all of my builds. I will go over what I think I need and what I think I am missing tomorrow. I hope that I start feeling better soon, I am still light headed and now I feel all hot. >.<

The meta-commentary for this will come tomorrow, but I wanted to at least get it up today.

1 comment:

Thazienne said...

Rugar, or Rygar? *Can't believe its not butter*