Thursday, February 25, 2010

Morning in Vana'diel: Fade to Black.

My BLM has slowly been improving. My half or more resists have gone down a lot as I have increased the merits I have in Elemental Magic. And that has been my highest priority for a while now. Since we have moved over to BBQ, I have been very occupied with some very interesting and new events, but that has left me with less time than I have needed to get the merits that my BLM really needs to fill the proper BLM role. I have gotten my Elemental Magic up to 6 already and I am sitting on enough merits for 7. It is pretty shocking how much the merits make a difference in the quality of my nukes when it comes to damage and resists. I am still pretty far below the requisite level needed to assure a good resist rate on most HNMs but I am definitely working on it.

The problem I have next is which way do I go? Enfeebling or Potency. I thought this was going to be a tough decision, but it turned out to be pretty easy. Enfeebling is a great option for soloing but it is also very good for low-man and other events where I could be kiting or dealing with sleeping masses of mobs. I was thinking primarily of Sea but it is also useful for Einherjar. The problem is that the uses we limited. With Potency though, you know you are going to get a damage boost whenever you drop nukes on things. And in the end that effects everything I do. So it's definitely Potency for me, and then maybe even more into AM2's before I go back to Enfeebling.

Still gonna be a ton of merits that I need, but I will get there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, potency before enfeebling.
AM2 is a fun toy, enfeebling matters when you're solo or leveling rdm, you can go either way on those.

--cele

Tuufless said...

Whichever suits your purposes better. Knowing you, you wouldn't be taking BLM out on a solo expedition so the importance of enfeebling there is mitigated.

At least potency kicks in every time you hit a nuke macro, solo or otherwise.