Wednesday, April 29, 2009

For all the Robs...

I make Rob sad when I don't post so here is a post for Rob.

Anyway, I am still overwhelmed by my work right now, it's much less free time that I am used to so much less blog writing time.

May as well do a quick update, but I do want to note I wrote a big long blog entry about trying to get a Yoichinoyumi that got nuked by the Gods of the Interweb. That makes the baby Ringus sad.

Ok, lets see. Where to start. I haven't really "accomplished" much lately because I have been busy with in game events and stuff. I have gotten my leathercrafting to 74 and once I get to 75, I can finally try to make some Marid Leather without having them explode.

I have done a bunch of ANNM so far but the rewards have really tailed off. I think SE uses some kind of averaging system for rarer drops and right after an update you will see a bunch of different rare drops but the longer it has been since a server reset the less certain items drop. You can observe this anywhere in the game really but it is really obvious with really rare drops like the Imperial Wootz Ingots, Star Sapphires and other rare drops in the ANNM's. The first couple of days after the update we got a bunch of these but since the week after the update we haven't gotten anything major at all.

Honestly, I know I have lived with this system for a long time, but I don't think it's very good. You should have the same chance for anything to drop no matter how many times you do it. I understand the need to regulate drops over time, and I have no idea what SE's system is based on, but I do know that it changes over time. I think it is only fair to the players that it be the same no matter when they do an event. Maybe they want to increase reports of potential drops after a major update, but I don't know why they would want to increase the hype then only lead people to frustration after the fact.

I have a lot of gil-based ambitions right now, but I don't really have the gil to back it up. I hope this Marid Leather thing goes well because nothing else I have done has really been that helpful for collecting the gil I need for everything.

No comments: